Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Running In The Rain~ Rainy Days and Mondays

Yesterday  when I left the house to go to my favorite outdoor track  in the city, it was a warm 71 degrees and windy.  I dressed for a summer run with shorts, tank, socks and of course an older pair of Brooks Ghosts, just in case the weather got rainy.  Good thing I did because dark clouds rolled in at about my one mile mark, and on and off it rained, first lightly, then a real steady drenching.  Most of my run in the rain occurred in tree lined, shade covered areas.  I thoroughly enjoyed my rain dance on the trail today with "Hall and Oats~Rock and Soul Part 1"
Wilton P Hebert Health and Wellness Center Outside Track, Beaumont , Texas

The rain was just enough with the the wind to make it a cool, comfortable run.  I really enjoyed running in the rain, something I haven't experienced for lets just say, a few years!!!   Southern winter makes for a long fall, and leaves and acorns were like confetti showering down around me, and I loved it!  As well as my running partners....squirrels.
I ran 3.3 miles at a 10.30 easy pace, and when I stopped running the sky began to clear....best part of running outside !  My kind of good start to the week!  I had to stop long enough to capture this!
Keep on Walking or Running, whichever you prefer!  The best antidote to Holiday Stress!

No comments:

Post a Comment