Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Letter to Santa

Dear Santa,

I have been running at least 3 days per week, following a strength and toning plan 3 other days.  I have been encouraging friends, family and people of all ages to make it a priority to take that walk or walk/run, try mindful eating (not counting the occasional holiday lapses), and to focus on being their healthiest today.   No one is too "old" or too out of shape to try.

Santa, I know you are stressed this time of the year and need to lose a few pounds.  If you will follow my blog, I hope I can help you achieve this.  Who knows?  Maybe you can qualify for an event in the 2017 National Senior Olympics.  They are held every two years and have sports of all types to compete in.  Qualifyers are held in all states and Canada, so you should be able to find one near you!  Goals for the New Year I find more effective than resolutions!

For Christmas I would like a visit to the Fleet Feet store in Rice Village in Houston, for a running shoe fitting and run evaluation.  I happened in there one day, and met a Senior Runner,  trained to evaluate pace, foot strike, stride and body mechanics.   He seemed very well informed and understood my aging challenges before I had the chance to tell him.  Since I have been a very good girl, recently, it is my wish that you can help me with this.  Running shoes and technique are very important to taking care of knees, hips and feet whether the goal is walking 30 minutes a day or running a 5K or 1/2 marathon.  Well used running shoes need to be replaced every 6 months, to be sure your have adequate cushion.  Why not start with one fit for you?

Today will be a walk day for me.....joints are a bit stiff and sore.  Whether it's the weather or  running 3.5 miles in the cold front rain passing through yesterday,  today will be a rest day.

For my friends and family, I wish for them to strive to be strong and healthier now and in the coming year.

Sincerely,

KS


No comments:

Post a Comment