Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Pain pain pain!  I am hurting from just canceling our hotel reservation in Galveston for the Dec 21st 2014 Santa Hustle.  Since my husband and I have been training for the Senior Olympics 2015 in Minneapolis in July, we were all primed to do another race.  I saw this one advertised and the pictures alone grabbed me.  a thousand Santas running down the Strand, with music, food, drink ..... we were both in.  The Santa Hustle is spreading in cities across America, with your entry fee supporting feeding the hungry in America and providing each runner with a red sweatshirt, a Santa hat and beard to don and run the race through Galveston in.  It was the one single event of the holiday season I was very excited to try!  A month went by and two days ago my husband came home from work and told me he was sooooooo sorry, but we would have to cancel the weekend.  His schedule had been changed, and due to various things not planned for, he would have to be working in the hospital that entire weekend.  I usually bounce back from these disappointments, knowing that is the life of a physician, but this time it hurt.  We are empty nesters, and our children have busy lives elsewhere, and our extended family is states away.  When he is working, I am home alone.   We are a team. My friends suggested that I go without him and run and have fun, but I cannot do that to him.  He works tirelessly for me and our family.  We are a team.  BUT, check out the site in the site below.....you may wish to take our places, or find your own spot in a city near you!  In the mean time, we keep on running!
www.santahustle.com

No comments:

Post a Comment