Thursday, March 5, 2015

Throwback Thursday...a few of my favorite runs

The GPS is not just the runners/walkers best friend to track miles, pace, time.  The single one thing I love about mine (Nike I phone Ap) is that is records a map and your run or walk everywhere you go.  On Vacations or trips, it logs and records your travels on foot.  I love to look back at my progress, and remembering the places we have run or hiked.   It is saved for me to help me remember.  That time Ben and I ran around Cuba Lake, June 2014!  The run along Charleston Bay, 5KTampa Bay, 5KChicago Lakefront Trail on Lake Michigan,  along the Mississippi for the Senior Games Trial, all these record speed and pace, weather conditions and a map of the route.  It is a great motivator.  For this year, we are going to try to run every place we visit, and keep a record of each run and also try to find the best run for each city, to make a list of our favorites.
Currently my favorite places to run are the trail at Wailea, and the trail at Kaanapali, both on Maui.  These trails have gorgeous ocean views, sea spray, lava fields, interesting rock formations besides almost always perfect weather.  I have had some brief rain showers pop up and I took cover under trees or rock formations until the showers passed while my husband was in  meetings.  The next day I would show him the GPS mapping and take him along.  My Nike ap is as necessary for me to run anymore as my favorite sneaks!
 The Trail above the beach at Wailea,Maui
Running on  the beach another option
 The Trail at Kaanapali, Maui

 Cannon Beach outside of Portland. Oregon
A winter run above the beach got me this photo

 Run on the beach at Port Aransas, Texas
or the Seawall in Galveston



 Cuba Lake, New York
7mile run around the lake
(We have done this summer and winter)


 St. Bonaventure University, Allegany New York
Road that goes behind the Friary beautiful any season

 The George Mitchell Nature Preserve, The Woodlands, TX
Has exercise stations along the way, plus bike trails and technical bike trails
watch out for tree roots! 

Run through Charleston, South Carolina, 
including a run along the waterfront

Run the beach  Destin, Florida
off season
To accompany each run in a different place I have enjoyed, I stop long enough to snap a few pictures to record the scenery and experience.  I hope you have enjoyed a list of some of my favorite places to run.  

No comments:

Post a Comment