Thursday, May 28, 2015

Weather Or Not, I Need to Get Moving!


Literally, I need to get ready to move and also to move!  How do you sell, pack up your house, move into an apartment and a new house at the same time as you are training for the biggest race in your life?  Not easily.  This is where the past training and runs will be helpful.  I have not wanted to start the serious build up with speed work yet.  I don't want to peak at the wrong time!  It is a gradual process.  I have postponed the acceleration the past week due to the terrible storms we Texans have endured, and the fact that I need to have our belongings sorted, separated and packed for Atlas Moving Company to tend to in 2 weeks.  When planning on the Senior Games, I did not plan on this move, at this time.

The last few days have been very productive as far as our move goes.  I have sorted, tossed, donated, sold, organized and packed.  I have spent time with people who are important to my time here in many ways.  When you are seriously ill, you find out who your real friends are.  You find out who really cares about you, when you can do nothing for them at all.  The few that hang in for the long haul, they will be held in a special place in my heart forever.  They know who they are.  They are also among those who cheer me on now.  It means so much to me, when those who saw me struggling now see me moving forward, doing something not everyone gets a chance to do.  I am not an elite runner, nor am I a past Olympian, but I pledge to take care of my home and move to support my husbands career choice even if it means less time to train.  The storms we have been hit with have not helped at all either, but yet I feel confident.  I know what I have to do.  I know I have to start to get more involved in the training if I am going to have the best race I can have.

I am not going to have as much time to train as I had planned.  But thats ok.  I have been working hard in other ways, to clear the path to get back on and get running.  Today I was supposed to do a 5mile run.  I had to put that off.  Getting ready for the moving van, and taking care of business issues were pressing.  By the time I got to where I felt ok to stop working for today, it was time to start dinner.  This is reminding me of how hard it is for the working people with life challenges to find time to train or work out.   I did manage to ride 6 miles on the stationary bike and do 5 mins of squats yesterday.  My plan now is to get as much done before June 1st and then start training in earnest for one month, move or no move.  Currently the plan is to be out of our home June 23 for the most part and move into our interim apartment, then I will drive to the new home on June 25 to meet the moving van and unload and settle what we are taking.  If all goes well, we will only need to keep our stuff in "storage" for 1 or 2 days, and if thats the case, they may leave our belongings on the truck until delivery.  Other wise it constitutes two moves!  One into van then into storage warehouse, and Two back into van and to the new house.  Two moves, two times the price.  Ah, now some of you see why we have been paring down and running fast to get our things in order.  I have until Monday to finish up the bulk of the tasks.   Monday will signal the training plan on a daily basis to build up speed, stamina and confidence.  I am tired enough and have a sore throat tonight I am going light on posting pictures.  Yes, I need rest and to get back into the pace!

No comments:

Post a Comment